If you are looking for an alternative to a cake, this is the perfect centerpiece! To eat, simply cut slices with a sharp knife.
- Yield: 15 -inch tall tail
- ½ cup margarine or butter
- 10 cups marshmallows
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Green food coloring
- 12 cups crispy rice cereal
- Cooking spray
- 2–3 lollipop sticks or bamboo skewers
- 2 cups buttercream
- Chocolate Seashell Truffles
- Pink and white sprinkles
How to Make It
- In a microwave-safe bowl, microwave the margarine or butter for 30 to 60 seconds or until melted. Add the marshmallows, mix to combine, then microwave for 1 to 1½ minutes, stopping halfway to stir. Heat until melted and smooth when stirred. Add the vanilla extract and green food coloring and stir to combine.
- Add the crispy rice cereal and stir until well combined.
- Cover your work surface with plastic wrap. Spray your hands with cooking spray and shape ¾ of the crispy rice cereal into the body of the tail. Shape the remaining crispy rice cereal into the fin. Wrap both pieces in plastic wrap and chill in the fridge overnight.
- Unwrap the two pieces and attach them using lollipop sticks. You may need to use a couple to securely attach the fin.
- Place 1⁄3 cup of buttercream into a piping bag fitted with a small, star-shaped piping tip. Dye the rest of the buttercream green and spread it sparingly over the entire surface of the fin. You want to be able to see the texture of the crispy rice cereal, but also give the fin a clean look and hide any crevices.
- Stick some Chocolate Seashell Truffles and sprinkles onto the tail, and pipe dollops of white buttercream. This will look like barnacles! Enjoy!