These little sea turtles are the perfect little snack or addition to your mermaid dessert spread! Package these in little cellophane bags as take-home party favors and put a smile on your guests’ faces!
- Yield: 6 to 10 truffles
- ¼ cup brown candy melts
- ½ tsp shortening
- 2 cups green candy melts
- 1½ cups good quality milk chocolate, melted
- ½ cup whipping cream, heated until hot
- Pinch of salt
How to Make It
- Place the brown candy melts in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave for 30 second intervals, stirring at each interval, until melted. Add the shortening and mix until melted.
- Use a clean paintbrush to paint the shell portion of a turtle-shaped chocolate mold. Place the mold in the fridge to chill.
- Place the green candy melts in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave for 30 second intervals, stirring at each interval, until melted. Coat the insides of the turtle mold with the candy melts, but don’t fill the mold, then return it to the fridge to chill.
- In a bowl, combine the milk chocolate, whipping cream, and pinch of salt. Pour it into the chocolate shells, leaving a little bit of space at the top. Place the mold in the fridge until the ganache is very firm, about 1 hour. Pour more green candy melts on top to seal the truffles closed and chill for an additional 30 minutes.
- Unmold the turtles and enjoy!