- Yield: 4 Servings
- Total Time: 2 Hours 15 Minutes
- 1 (28-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (½ pounds) flank steak, cut in half crosswise
- 1 large onion, cut into wedges
- 1½ teaspoons chili powder
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- Cooked rice, for serving
- ½ ripe mango, peeled, pitted, and cut into bite-size pieces
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro leaves
How to Make It
- Combine the tomatoes, steak, onion, chili powder, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper in a large saucepan. Simmer, covered, until fork-tender, about 2 hours.
- Shred the beef and serve with the rice. Top with the mango and cilantro.