It is refreshing and potent. Cucumber and fresh mint add a cooling touch. Muddling (or bruising, but not crushing) the cucumber helps release the juice and essential oils. A muddler is a handy tool to tackle this task, but you can use a pestle or even an ordinary spoon in a pinch. Try to estimate how many drinks you will be serving, and have containers of cucumber, lime juice, and mint ready to go. You can use a cocktail shaker if you prefer to make a batch.
- Yield: 1 Serving
- 2 tablespoons thin European cucumber strips (about 3 inches long)
- Ice cubes
- 2 ounces vodka
- 1 ounce St-Germain (elderflower liqueur)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 3 fresh mint leaves, torn
- Sparkling apple cider, sparkling wine, or sparkling water to top off the drink
- Put the cucumber in a cocktail glass and muddle it by pressing firmly.
- Add ice cubes to the glass and then pour in the vodka, liqueur, and lime juice. Add the mint leaves and stir to combine.
- Top off the drink with the sparkling cider and serve.