These are a hit at any party, and a snap to prepare. Make them when figs are in season, from summer to midfall. The Port & Balsamic Syrup elevates these fruit and cheese nuggets to a new level of deliciousness. It’s fun to serve them on a platter so that guests can help themselves. You can offer little plates and forks,
or just let your guests pick them up. Make sure to have cocktail napkins close by since these are a bit messy, but oh so worth it.
- Yield: 8 to 12 Servings
- 3 ounces mozzarella or Burrata cheese
- 8 fresh figs, stems removed, halved (if large they can be quartered)
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 16 thin slices prosciutto (about ½ pound)
- Port & Balsamic Syrup
- Cut the cheese into ½-inch squares and press firmly into the center of the fig halves. Sprinkle the halves with black pepper.
- Wrap 1 prosciutto slice around each fig half and place all of the figs on a platter.
- Drizzle the syrup over the figs. Serve immediately.