If you love tahini in all forms, as I do, you will love these simple, jam-filled cookies. They have a not-too-sweet flavor reminiscent of sesame halvah, and a tender, melt-in-your mouth texture. The dot of jam in the center is a fruit-sweet bonus.
- Yield: 24 Cookies
- ¾ cup well-stirred tahini
- ¾ cup natural cane sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 0.12 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 0.33 cup (40 grams) chickpea flour
- ¼ cup fruit jam (any variety)
How to Make It
- In a medium bowl, using an electric mixer, beat the tahini, sugar, egg, vanilla, and salt on medium speed for 1 to 2 minutes, until light and fluffy. Scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl with a rubber spatula. Stir in the flour by hand until just blended.
- Line a large cookie sheet with parchment paper. Shape the dough into 24 1-inch balls; place them 1 inch apart on the prepared cookie sheet. Press your thumb into the center of each cookie, leaving an indentation. Loosely cover the pan and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 325°F.
- Bake the cookies for 10 to 12 minutes, until pale golden. Transfer to a wire rack with a spatula and cool completely. Spoon ½ teaspoon jam into the center of each cookie and serve.