- Yield: 1 Serving
- 1 cup water
- ¼ cup uncooked bow tie pasta (farfalle)
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- 2 shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 2 baby portobello mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2–3 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- ¼ cup feta
- 2–4 tablespoons melted sweet butter, for grilling
- 2 slices rosemary bread
How to Make It
- In a saucepan, boil 1 cup of water. Add pasta and simmer until fork-tender, approximately 10 minutes. Drain pasta and set aside.
- In a blender, combine pine nuts, shitake mushrooms, portobello mushrooms, and dried basil. As you are blending, slowly drizzle in the olive oil. Blend until all ingredients are thoroughly mixed. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix pasta with mushroom pesto, cherry tomatoes, and feta.
- Brush the melted butter on the outside of the 2 slices of bread. In an unheated sauté pan, place 1 slice of bread butter side down. Place pasta mixture on bread and top sandwich with other slice of bread, butter side up. Turn burner to medium heat.
- Let sandwich cook for 3–5 minutes per side or until bread is golden brown.
- Cut on the diagonal and serve warm.