- Yield: 1 Serving
- 1 portobello mushroom, scooped
- ¼ cup red onion
- 1⁄3 cup red wine
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- ¼ cup provolone cheese
- ¼ cup blue cheese
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 slices avocado
- 1/8 cup crushed croutons or panko bread crumbs
How to Make It
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a sauté pan on medium heat, sauté red onion, red wine, garlic, and butter until liquid has evaporated and onions have softened.
- Toss onion mixture with provolone and blue cheese.
- Brush outside of mushroom with olive oil. Place avocado slices on inside of mushroom, followed by onion/cheese mixture. Top off with crushed croutons or panko bread crumbs.
- In a baking pan, bake stuffed mushroom for 8 minutes.
- Serve warm with fork and knife.