The hazelnuts (and hemp seeds in the mayo, if using) provide a good amount of vitamin E in one meal, which is wonderful for nourishing your adrenal glands. Adrenals are among the organs that store vitamin E, an important nutrient that fights stress. Vitamin E also restores glutathione levels in the liver, which is important for detoxification.
- Yield: 8 Servings
- 2 cups thinly sliced fennel (use celery if fennel is unavailable)
- ⅔ cup thinly sliced parsnips or carrots
- ¼ cup chopped green onions
- ¼ cup coarsely chopped raw hazelnuts
- 3 large tangerines, peeled and separated into segments (about 1½ cups)
- ¼ cup chopped pickled ginger
- ¼ cup Hemp Mayo or Vegenaise
- 2 Tbsp raw apple cider vinegar
- ½ tsp pink rock or gray sea salt or 1 tsp umeboshi paste
- Using a mandoline or food processor, slice the fennel and parsnips or carrots, and place in a large bowl.
- Add the green onions, hazelnuts and tangerine sections. Mix to combine.
- In a small bowl, whisk together all the dressing ingredients.
- Pour over the salad. Toss gently, and serve immediately.