Dessert doesn’t get any lighter than this ambrosial bowl of berries and cherries in a mint-scented infusion of white wine, black tea, pomegranate juice, and sugar. It’s just the thing to serve after a hearty meal, when something sweet sounds good but something rich doesn’t.
- Yield: 8 Servings
- Preparation Time: 25 Minutes
- ½ cup water
- 3 orange pekoe tea bags
- 3 (4-inch) sprigs fresh mint
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, hulled and halved lengthwise
- 1 cup fresh golden raspberries
- 1 cup fresh red raspberries
- 1 cup fresh blackberries
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 cup pitted, halved fresh sweet cherries
- 1 (750-milliliter) bottle Sauvignon Blanc
- ⅔ cup sugar
- ½ cup pomegranate juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Fresh mint sprigs (optional)
- For infusion, in a small saucepan bring the water to boiling. Add tea bags and the 3 mint sprigs; stir until mint wilts. Cover pan; remove from heat. Let stand for 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl combine strawberries, golden raspberries, red raspberries, blackberries, blueberries, and cherries; set aside.
- For syrup, in a medium saucepan combine wine, sugar, and pomegranate juice. Pour infusion through a fine-mesh sieve into the saucepan with the wine. Squeeze tea bags to release liquid; discard mint sprigs and tea bags. Cook and stir until sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat; stir in vanilla. Let cool to room temperature. Pour over fruit mixture. Cover and chill for 2 hours.
- To serve, spoon mixture into shallow bowls. If desired, garnish with mint sprigs.
Serving Size 1
Nutritional Value Per Serving
Calories from Fat:
% Daily Value*
* Above mentioned %DVs (Percent Daily Values) are based on 2,000 calorie food intake.
DVs (Daily values) may be vary depending upon individuals daily calorie needs. Above nutritional values are estimates and should only be used as a guide for approximation. They are not allfoodchef.com recommendations. Calculations are based on average weight of 194 lbs. and ages of 19 to 50 years.