Dainty little flageolet beans are actually unripe navy beans. They have a delicate flavor, so do not overpower them with too much smoked cheese.
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Preparation Time: 15 Minutes
- 14 oz (400 g) can flageolet beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- handful of flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- ½ red onion, finely chopped
- 2 handfuls of watercress, rinsed, drained, and roughly chopped
- 1 lemon, halved
- 4½ oz (125 g) lightly smoked cheese, such as Gouda, cubed
How to Make It
- Put the beans in a large bowl. Add the Dijon mustard and parsley, and stir to combine. Season with salt and black pepper. Add half of the chopped onion, and stir to combine.
- Arrange the watercress on a large serving plate or 4 individual plates. Squeeze over the juice from the lemon, and sprinkle over a pinch of salt. Spoon the bean mixture on top of the leaves, then scatter over the remaining onion. Top with the smoked cheese, and serve.
Serving Size 1
Nutritional Value Per Serving
Calories from Fat:
% Daily Value*
* Above mentioned %DVs (Percent Daily Values) are based on 2,000 calorie food intake.
DVs (Daily values) may be vary depending upon individuals daily calorie needs. Above nutritional values are estimates and should only be used as a guide for approximation. They are not allfoodchef.com recommendations. Calculations are based on average weight of 194 lbs. and ages of 19 to 50 years.