With rich chocolate flavor and a warm gooey filling, these hot-from-the-oven minicakes are the perfect indulgence at the end of a busy day. Many supermarkets stock ground pecans in the nuts section; if you can’t find them already ground, chop pecan halves or pieces, and grind them in a food processor, minichopper, or spice grinder.
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Preparation Time: 10 Minutes
- Cooking Time: 10 Minutes
- 1 large egg
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons unsweetened cocoa
- 1½ tablespoons chopped pecans, ground
- 1 tablespoon warm water
- 1 ounce bittersweet chocolate, melted and cooled slightly
- Cooking spray
- Powdered sugar (optional)
- Strawberries (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Separate egg, placing egg white and egg yolk in separate medium bowls. Add sugar and cocoa to egg yolk, stirring with a whisk. Add pecans, water, and chocolate, stirring with a whisk.
- Beat egg white with a mixer at high speed until stiff peaks form. Gently fold half of egg white into egg yolk mixture; fold in remaining egg white. Spoon batter evenly into 4 (4-ounce) ramekins coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 425° for 10 minutes or until almost set. Transfer to a wire rack; cool 10 minutes. Garnish with powdered sugar and strawberries, if desired.
Serving Size 1
Nutritional Value Per Serving
Calories from Fat:
% Daily Value*
* Above mentioned %DVs (Percent Daily Values) are based on 2,000 calorie food intake.
DVs (Daily values) may be vary depending upon individuals daily calorie needs. Above nutritional values are estimates and should only be used as a guide for approximation. They are not allfoodchef.com recommendations. Calculations are based on average weight of 194 lbs. and ages of 19 to 50 years.