For many people we know, it doesn’t get any more comforting than fried chicken. This recipe is pretty darn easy and you can add whatever you want to the dry mixture for seasoning. You will want to use a slotted spatula or tongs to move the chicken around, and try to only turn once in the frying pan. The more you handle the pieces of the chicken, the more fried goodness will be left in the pan.
- 1 cup (250 ml) coconut oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup (150 g) almond flour
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon chipotle powder (optional)
- 2 pounds (900 g) chicken—thighs, drums, breasts
- Heat oil in large frying pan to 350°F (175°C).
- Whisk eggs in medium sized bowl.
- Combine all dry ingredients in large bowl and mix well.
- Dip chicken in whisked eggs.
- Coat/cover chicken with dry mixture and place in hot oil. Allow both sides to brown (about 2 minutes on each side).
- Place drying rack on sheet pan and assemble chicken on the rack so there is space between all pieces.
- Place in 400°F (205°C) preheated oven for 10–15 minutes. Remove and get ready for some good eating.