For the Topping
- 2 cups (300 g) almond flour (blanched is preferred)
- ½ cup (125 ml) olive oil
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
For the Filling
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1½ cups (225 g) onion, chopped
- 3 cups (300 g) mushrooms, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup (100 g) carrots, chopped
- 1 cup (100 g) celery, chopped
- 2 cups (350 g) broccoli florets, chopped
- 2 pounds (900 g) cooked chicken breasts, chopped in small pieces
- 4 cups (1 l) chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour
How to Make It
- Oven should be preheated to 350°F (175°C).
- Mix almond flour, olive oil, baking soda, and salt in small bowl. To make your crust, roll out the dough on wax paper into a sheet large enough to cover the casserole dish of your choosing.
- Place in refrigerator until you are ready to cover your other ingredients.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in large skillet and sauté garlic and onion. Once they have softened, add mushrooms and cook for a few minutes.
- Add carrots, celery, and broccoli and continue to cook for another 5 minutes. When they begin to cook through, add the chicken, stock, parsley, and pepper.
- Add coconut flour to thicken mixture and let simmer for 10 minutes.
- Pour all ingredients into casserole dish and place dough over top. Bake for 25–30 minutes.