You can eat fried rice with raitas and any of the gravy dishes.
- Yield: 4 Servings
- 8 oz (250 g) raw rice
- 17 fl oz (500 ml) water
- 1 tsp oil
- 4 tbsp oil
- 1 cup cabbage, shredded
- 1 green capsicum, deseeded and cut into strips
- 1 lime juiced
- salt to taste
How to Make It
- Put the rice, water and 1 tsp of oil in a heavy-bottomed pot or pressure cooker. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and cover with lid. Cook for 15-20 minutes in a pot or 5-6 minutes in a pressure cooker. When it is cooked, allow to cool for 20 minutes by spreading it onto a large plate.
- Heat the 2 tbs of oil in a heave-bottomed pot, stir in the cabbage and capsicum, and fry for a few minutes.
- Drizzle the lime juice and salt over the rice.
- Spoon the fried vegetables over the rice and mix well.
- Serve with mint chutney.