- Yield: 12 muffins
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- ¼ teaspoon allspice
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup firmly packed brown sugar
- ½ cup of applesauce
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup plain organic Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup honey
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons of organic beet powder
How to Make It
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a bowl, mix whole wheat flour, baking soda, ginger, cinnamon, cloves, allspice, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the brown sugar, applesauce, and egg until smooth. Beat in beet powder, yogurt, honey, and vanilla. Add the flour mixture and mix until smooth.
- Pour batter into a lined muffin tin. Bake for 35-45 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted in to the center.
Serving Size 1
Nutritional Value Per Serving
Calories from Fat:
% Daily Value*
* Above mentioned %DVs (Percent Daily Values) are based on 2,000 calorie food intake.
DVs (Daily values) may be vary depending upon individuals daily calorie needs. Above nutritional values are estimates and should only be used as a guide for approximation. They are not allfoodchef.com recommendations. Calculations are based on average weight of 194 lbs. and ages of 19 to 50 years.