This is a really easy way to make a flavorful crunchy cookie for the holidays.
- Yield: 2 dozen
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) vegetable oil
- 1 cup (200 g) superfine sugar
- ¼ cup (60 ml) unsulfured molasses
- ½ cup (125 g) unsweetened applesauce
- 12⁄3 cups (210 g) Bob’s Red Mill white or brown rice flour
- 1 cup (125 g) Bob’s Red Mill tapioca flour
- ½ cup (56 g) flax meal
- 1 cup (100 g) rice bran
- 1 tablespoon (13.8 g) baking powder
- 1 tablespoon (5.5 g) ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon (7 g) ground cinnamon
- 1½ teaspoon (3.3 g) ground cloves
- ¼ teaspoon (0.6 g) ground nutmeg
- 1 cup (120 g) powdered sugar
- Dash of ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) rice milk or safe milk alternative
How to Make It
- Preheat oven to 325°F (170°C, or gas mark 3). To make the Biscotti
- In a large bowl, mix together oil, sugar, and molasses.
- In another bowl, combine remaining biscotti ingredients. Add the molasses mixture and mix well. With a small ice cream/cookie scoop drop dough on a greased baking sheet. To make the Icing
- Combine all icing ingredients in a bowl and whisk until smooth. Drizzle icing over biscotti.