- Yield: 8 Servings
- Total Time: 1 Hour
- 3 lbs baby potatoes
- Kosher salt
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- ½ cup Champagne vinegar
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil plus more for brushing
- 1 cup lightly packed parsley, chopped
- Freshly ground pepper
- 2 cups kettle-cooked salt-and-vinegar chips, coarsely crushed
How to Make It
- In a large saucepan, cover the potatoes with water and bring to a boil. Add a generous pinch of salt and cook over moderately high heat until tender, about 20 minutes. Drain and spread on a baking sheet to cool, then cut in half.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, mix the red onion with the Champagne vinegar and let stand for 10 minutes.
- Light a grill and oil the grate. Grill the potatoes cut side down over moderately high heat until lightly charred, about 5 minutes. Transfer to the bowl with the onions. Add the ¼ cup of olive oil and mix well. Let cool completely. Stir in the parsley and season with salt and pepper. Top with the chips; serve.