Your first Friendsgiving pretty much means things might not always go as planned. So if you find you’ve burnt the turkey and stuffing, there’s always grilled cheese to fill your tummy. Throw in some Funyuns and a bottle of wine and you got yourself a party. The best part is, there’s no chance of a grilled cheese getting stuck on anyone’s head no matter how hard you try.
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Preparation Time: 10 Minutes
- Cooking Time: 20 Minutes
- 8 slices white sandwich bread
- ½ cup unsalted butter, divided
- 8 slices cheddar cheese
- 1 (6-ounce) bag Funyuns
- Spread about 1 tablespoon of butter on each of slice of bread. Set aside.
- Place two slices of bread buttered side down in a large skillet set over medium heat. Top with two slices of cheddar cheese. Place a buttered side up slice of bread on top of the cheddar and cook until the cheese just begins to melt and the bread has browned slightly, about 5 minutes. Using a large spatula, flip each grilled cheese and cook for an additional 2 to 3 minutes, or until the cheese has melted completely and the bread is toasted and golden brown.
- Repeat with the remaining slices of bread and cheese.
- Serve grilled cheeses on a platter with Funyuns with a 750-milliliter bottle of white wine.