- Yield: 2 Servings
- Preparation Time: 20 Minutes
- Cooking Time: 10 Minutes
- 100 g rice vermicelli noodles
- oil spray
- 200 g chicken breast fillet, cut into thick strips
Yoghurt Lime Dressing
- 200 g low-fat plain yoghurt
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons reduced-salt tamari or soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons honey
- Pinch of ground ginger
- 1 medium carrot, grated
- 50 g green cabbage, shredded
- 50 g red cabbage, shredded
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced
- ½ medium red pepper, seeds removed and thinly sliced
- 1 medium mango, peeled and flesh sliced
- 25 g sultanas
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
How to Make It
- Place the noodles in a heatproof bowl and cover with boiling water. Leave for 10 minutes, then loosen the noodles with a fork. Drain and refresh under cool running water. Drain well and set aside to cool.
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat and spray lightly with oil spray. Add the chicken strips and cook for 3–4 minutes each side or until cooked through. Transfer to a plate and set aside to rest.
- To make the yoghurt lime dressing, whisk the yoghurt, coriander, lime juice, sesame oil, tamari or soy sauce, honey and ginger in a small bowl.
- To make the Asian slaw, place the carrot, green cabbage, red cabbage, spring onion, pepper, mango, sultanas and mint in a large bowl. Add the noodles. Drizzle over half of the dressing and toss gently to combine.
- To serve, place the Asian slaw on two serving plates. Top with the chicken and drizzle over the remaining dressing.