Here’s a complete meal that is inexpensive to make and can be baked in one pan. Try it for a winter Sunday dinner.
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Preparation Time: 25 Minutes
- Cooking Time: 20 Minutes
- 3 Tbsp (45 ml) melted butter
- 4 medium red-skinned potatoes, cut into wedges
- 1 medium carrots, halved lengthwise and sliced diagonally
- 2 cups (500 ml) chopped green cabbage
- 5 oz (150 g) haddock fillets
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- ½ cup (125 ml) white wine
- ½ cup (125 ml) fish, chicken or vegetable stock
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- ½ cup (125 ml) frozen peas
- 1 Tbsp (15 ml) chopped fresh parsley
How to Make It
- Preheat the oven to 425°F (220°C). Brush a 9- × 13-inch (3.5 L) baking dish with 1 Tbsp (15 ml) of the melted butter. Place the potatoes and carrots in a large pot and cover with 3 inches (8 cm) of cold water.
- Bring to a boil and cook until firm-tender. Add the cabbage and cook just until it brightens in color, about 2 minutes. Drain the vegetables well and place in the casserole. Set the haddock fillets on top; season with salt and pepper. Combine the remaining butter, wine, stock and garlic in a bowl. Spoon the mixture over the haddock and vegetables. Sprinkle in the frozen peas. Cover and bake for 20 minutes, or until the haddock is cooked through. Sprinkle with the parsley and serve.