- Yield: 6 Servings
- Preparation Time: 50 Minutes
- Total Time: 50 Minutes
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 lb boneless beef top sirloin steak, thinly sliced across grain
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced (1 cup)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped gingerroot
- 2 jalapeño chiles, seeded, chopped
- 2 large cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 3 cups water
- 3 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1½ cups thinly sliced Chinese (napa) cabbage
- 1 package (8 oz) uncooked tofu shirataki noodles, spaghetti style, drained, rinsed well
- 6 fresh mint leaves
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 6 tablespoons thinly sliced green onions (5 or 6 medium)
- 1 lime, cut into 6 pieces
How to Make It
- In 5-quart Dutch oven or saucepan, heat oil over medium-high heat. Sprinkle beef with pepper and salt. Cook beef in oil, stirring occasionally, until browned on all sides. Using slotted spoon, remove from pan to bowl (leave juices in pan). Cover beef and keep warm.
- Reduce heat to medium. Add onion, gingerroot and chiles. Cook 5 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until onion is tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute, scraping up any beef bits from bottom of pan.
- Add water, chicken broth and soy sauce; heat to boiling. Add cabbage and noodles, stirring well to separate noodles. Add beef; cook uncovered, stirring occasionally, until heated through. Top each serving with 1 mint leaf, 1 teaspoon cilantro, 1 tablespoon onion and 1 piece lime.
Serving Size 1
Nutritional Value Per Serving
Calories from Fat:
% Daily Value*
* Above mentioned %DVs (Percent Daily Values) are based on 2,000 calorie food intake.
DVs (Daily values) may be vary depending upon individuals daily calorie needs. Above nutritional values are estimates and should only be used as a guide for approximation. They are not allfoodchef.com recommendations. Calculations are based on average weight of 194 lbs. and ages of 19 to 50 years.