- Yield: 2 Servings
- ¼ cup shredded unsweetened coconut, for garnish
- ½ cup chopped macadamia nuts, for garnish
- ½ cup apple or other fresh juice
- 1 banana, sliced
- ½ cup pitted fresh cherries, chopped
- ½ cup fresh pineapple, chopped
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 teaspoon flax seeds, raw or toasted
How to Make It
- Preheat oven to 375º.
- Place unsweetened coconut and macadamia nuts on an ungreased baking pan and bake for 3-5 minutes, or until light brown.
- In a medium saucepan combine the apple juice, banana, cherries, and pineapple and cook over low heat for 3-5 minutes.
- Stir in the brown rice, flax seeds and macadamia nuts and cook for an additional 2 minutes.
- Garnish with toasted coconut.