This peach jam is the right amount of spice you need to liven up your morning breakfast routine. You can add it to toast, cream of wheat, oatmeal, a muffin, and so much more.
- Yield: 6 ½ pints
- 8–9 ripe peaches, peeled, pitted, and roughly chopped
- 2 jalapeño peppers, finely chopped or sliced
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 5 cups sugar
- ½ teaspoon lemon zest
- ½ teaspoon grated ginger
- 3 tablespoons powdered pectin
How to Make It
- Add all ingredients to your pot. Press the Sauté button and allow mixture to boil.
- As the ingredients heat up, gently mash the peaches with a potato masher. Of course, if you want a smoother consistency, you can use an immersion blender. Press the Cancel button and wait 5 minutes.
- Press the Steam button and bring your jam to a boil for about 8–12 minutes. Stir very often so it doesn’t burn the bottom of your pot. If you want it a little thicker, continue to boil.
- Press Cancel once you have your desired consistency. Pour contents into your favorite canning jars.