- Yield: 6 Servings
- Total Time: 20 Minutes
- 1 cup jasmine rice, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup water
- 1 Scotch bonnet chile
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme, or ½ teaspoon dried
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 tablespoon melted Ghee, vegetable oil, or coconut oil
- 1 cup canned kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- ½ cup full-fat coconut milk
How to Make It
- In the Instant Pot, combine the rice, water, whole chile, thyme, salt, and allspice. Stir to combine. Add the ghee and stir to combine. Gently add the kidney beans on the top of the rice; do not stir.
- Secure the lid on the pot. Close the pressure-release valve. Select manual and set the pot at high pressure for 4 minutes. At the end of the cooking time, allow the pot to sit undisturbed for 10 minutes, then release any remaining pressure.
- Stir in the coconut milk. Place the lid back on the pot and allow to stand for about 10 minutes for the coconut milk to be absorbed.
- Remove the thyme sprigs and the chile, and serve.