Jicama, also known as a Mexican potato, is a root vegetable native to Central and South America. A jicama is loaded with fiber, and it makes an excellent replacement for traditional French fries! One major selling point of air fryers is that they can get your French fries extremely crispy, with little to no oil. With this recipe you can take part in the fun, in a way that’s much better for you!
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Cooking Time: 20 Minutes
- 1 small jicama, peeled
- ¾ teaspoon chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Cut jicama into matchstick-sized pieces.
- Place pieces into a small bowl and sprinkle with remaining ingredients. Place the fries into the air fryer basket.
- Adjust the temperature to 350°F and set the timer for 20 minutes.
- Toss the basket two or three times during cooking. Serve warm.
Serving Size 1
Nutritional Value Per Serving
Calories from Fat:
% Daily Value*
* Above mentioned %DVs (Percent Daily Values) are based on 2,000 calorie food intake.
DVs (Daily values) may be vary depending upon individuals daily calorie needs. Above nutritional values are estimates and should only be used as a guide for approximation. They are not allfoodchef.com recommendations. Calculations are based on average weight of 194 lbs. and ages of 19 to 50 years.