This stunning dip is inspired by our time in the sunny Greek isles, featuring briny Kalamata olives, salty feta, and tangy artichoke hearts. It’s a wholesome version of a seven-layer dip that looks impressive but is quite simple to put together. You can use purchased hummus and pita chips for easy entertaining, or make our Creamy Artichoke Hummus and Baked Pita Crisps in advance. Alex and I make this platter as part of a “happy hour dinner” along with a cheese board and wine for summer evenings on the patio.
- Yield: 6 Servings
- ¼ cup minced red onion
- ½ cup chopped cucumber
- ½ cup (7 ounces) chopped canned artichoke hearts
- ¼ cup chopped Kalamata olives
- ½ cup quartered cherry tomatoes or ½ cup diced red bell
- pepper (fresh or jarred)
- 1½ cups (12 ounces) hummus or 1 recipe Creamy Artichoke
- ¼ cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 handful cilantro, for garnish
- Paprika, for garnish
- Squeeze of lemon, for garnish
- Pita chips or Baked Pita Crisps, for serving
- Peel and mince the red onion. Rinse the minced onion under cool water and squeeze dry (to remove some of the bite). Peel the cucumber and remove the seeds with a spoon; chop into bite-sized pieces. Chop the artichoke hearts. Roughly chop the olives. Quarter the cherry tomatoes or dice the pepper.
- Spread the hummus on a large plate and top with the red onion, cucumber, artichokes, olives, tomatoes, and feta cheese. Sprinkle the hummus with torn cilantro leaves and paprika and top with a squeeze of lemon juice. Serve with pita crisps.
- GF* For gluten-free, use gluten-free pita crisps or crackers.
- V* For vegan, omit the feta cheese and top with a few pinches of kosher salt.