Lemon Pepper Chicken is one of those weeknight dinners that’s easy to pull out at a moment’s notice. It uses pantry-staple ingredients and has such a quick prep time, but the classic lemon pepper flavor combo still makes this a winner.
- Yield: 5 Servings
- Preparation Time: 15 Minutes
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, plus more as needed
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 4 tablespoons (½ stick) unsalted butter
- 1 (1-ounce) package Italian dressing mix
- ½ cup fresh lemon juice
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 1 lemon
- Kosher salt
- Sliced scallions, for garnish
- Cooked white rice, for serving
How to Make It
- Lightly spray the insert of a 6-quart slow cooker with cooking spray.
- In a shallow dish or pie plate, combine the flour and pepper. Dredge the chicken in the flour mixture, full coating all sides.
- In a medium skillet, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the chicken. Lightly brown each side to lightly crisp the breading, 3 to 5 minutes. The chicken will not be cooked through but will finish cooking in the slow cooker.
- Transfer the chicken to the slow cooker. Sprinkle the Italian dressing mix over the top of the chicken.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the lemon juice and broth. Pour over the chicken and seasonings.
- Cook on Low for 3 to 4 hours.
- Zest the lemon and slice the lemon into wheels.
- Before serving, sprinkle with the lemon zest, salt, pepper, and scallions. Serve with the lemon wheels and cooked rice.