The original Thai noodle bowl is brimming with tofu and shrimp, and topped with chopped peanuts, cilantro, and lime.
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Preparation Time: 5 Minutes
- Cooking Time: 20 Minutes
- 6 tbsp sesame oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 scallions, sliced, white and green parts kept separate
- 8 oz (225 g) extra firm tofu, cubed
- 2 large eggs
- 1 lb (450 g) raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
- 9 oz (250 g) Thai-style rice noodles
- 3 cups water
- ¼ tsp salt
To Serve (Optional)
- Crushed peanuts
- Chopped cilantro
- Lime wedges
How to Make It
- In a large, non-stick pan, heat sesame oil over medium-high heat. Add garlic and white parts of the scallions. Sauté for 2 minutes, then add cubed tofu and sauté for 2 minutes more.
- Push all of the ingredients to the side of the pan and crack in the eggs. Using a spatula, stir the eggs until they are scrambled and fully cooked. Mix the eggs with the tofu and onion.
- Add shrimp, fish sauce, coconut sugar, and soy sauce. Cook for 2 minutes, or until the shrimp is mostly pink.
- Add noodles and water. Cover with a lid, increase heat to high, and cook for 3 minutes. When the noodles begin to soften, use a spatula to gently push them down into the liquid. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes more, stirring occasionally, until all of the liquid has been absorbed.
- To assemble the meals, divide the pad thai evenly among 4 meal prep containers and garnish with green parts of scallions. Add crushed peanuts, chopped cilantro, and lime wedges to each meal, if using.
Serving Size 1
Nutritional Value Per Serving
Calories from Fat:
% Daily Value*
* Above mentioned %DVs (Percent Daily Values) are based on 2,000 calorie food intake.
DVs (Daily values) may be vary depending upon individuals daily calorie needs. Above nutritional values are estimates and should only be used as a guide for approximation. They are not allfoodchef.com recommendations. Calculations are based on average weight of 194 lbs. and ages of 19 to 50 years.