- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup sweetener that measures like sugar
- ½ cup protein powder (or an additional ½ cup oats)
- 4 large egg whites (½ cup)
- 0175 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 tablespoons low-fat milk
- Juice of 1 lemon (or 2 tablespoons lemon juice)
- Zest of 1 lemon (or an additional 2 tablespoons lemon juice)
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch of salt
How to Make It
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a 12-cup muffin tin with foil or silicone muffin liners and spray with cooking spray.
- In a blender or food processor place the oats, sweetener, protein powder, egg whites, applesauce, milk, lemon juice, lemon zest, poppy seeds, baking powder, baking soda, and salt and blend until the oats are ground and a smooth batter forms. Divide the batter evenly between the muffin cups. Bake for 25 to 28 minutes or until the muffins are lightly golden brown on top and a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and enjoy! Store in the refrigerator for one week.