I felt embarrassed at Kaye’s over-exuberant delight the first time I knocked up this little fishy dishy for us. Complete satisfaction in a can, sardines are protein-rich and keep you feeling full for ages.
- Yield: 1 Serving
- 135 g can sardines (I like Parmentier lemon sardines)
- squeeze of lemon juice (if you’ve got some)
- splash of Tabasco (again, only if you’ve got some)
- 2 slices of your fave bread, lightly toasted
- handful of watercress or spinach
- freshly ground black pepper
How to Make It
- Put the sardines with their oil into a bowl and break them up a bit with a fork.
- Squeeze the lemon juice (if using) on top, then splash in the Tabasco (if using). Give it a stir.
- Pile the mixture onto the toast.
- Top with the watercress or spinach, then season with lots of pepper.