You probably won’t serve lobster thermidor for just any meal. But for special company … this is unbeatable. Lobster with a rich sauce. It doesn’t get any better.
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Cooking Time: 15 Minutes
- 2 cooked lobsters
- ¼ cup butter
- 2 tbsp chopped shallots
- ½ cup fish stock
- ¼ cup sherry
- ½ cup heavy cream (or use ¼ cup cream of mushroom soup with ¼ cup of half and half)
- 1 tsp mild mustard
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp tarragon
- ½ tsp thyme
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup unflavored breadcrumbs
How to Make It
- Cut the lobsters in half and take out the meat from the tail and claws. Set the shells aside.
- Chop up the lobster meat and transfer back to the shells.
- Heat the butter in a skillet.
- Sauté the shallots for 2 minutes.
- Pour in the stock, sherry and cream.
- Bring the liquid to a boil and let simmer for 10 minutes.
- Stir in the mustard, lemon juice, herbs, salt and pepper.
- Heat the broiler.
- Place the lobsters on a baking sheet and top with the sauce.
- Combine the cheese with the breadcrumbs and spoon on top of the sauce.
- Broil for 3 minutes.