This is another classic salad that would be great for any picnic or barbecue situation. It is prepared how we like it, tasting straight out of a little bagel shop in Bay Ridge, but people tend to be very particular about their macaroni salad, so make it once this way and then see if you want to add any extra veggies or use more mayo.
- Yield: 8 to 10 Servings
- Total Time: 30 Minutes
- ¾ cup Vegan Mayo or commercially prepared vegan mayonnaise
- ¼ cup white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon organic sugar
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- Several pinches of freshly ground black pepper
- 2 average-size red radishes, grated
- 2 average-size carrots, peeled and grated
- 1 (1-pound) package elbow macaroni (about 3 cups)
- ½ cup frozen peas, thawed
Prepare the Dressing
- Combine all the dressing ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Mix with a fork until completely blended. Prepare the Salad
- Add the radishes, carrots, and peas, and set aside while you cook the macaroni.
- Boil the macaroni in salted water. Drain and rinse under cold water until the macaroni is still warm but not too hot to the touch. Transfer the macaroni to the salad bowl that contains the dressed vegetables and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate. Wait until the salad is cold to see whether it needs more salt or pepper. Stir the salad a few times when it is in the fridge to make sure that the dressing coats everything.