Here the mangoes need to be very ripe so that the pulp is juicy and soft.
- Yield: 4 Servings
- 5 mangoes
- 10-15 cashew nuts, halved
- 3 Tbs raisins
- 4 cardamom pods, crushed, discard husks
- ¼ tsp saffron, soaked in ½ cup cold milk
- jaggery, sugar or honey to taste
How to Make It
- Remove the pulp from the mangoes and chop into small pieces. Put into a serving bowl and set aside.
- Fry the cashew nuts and raisins in a small frying pan, without oil, until the cashew nuts begin to brown. Cool and add to the mango pulp. Add the cardamom, soaked saffron along with the milk and the jaggery, sugar or honey and mix well.
- Chill for 10-15 minutes. Serve in individual bowls.