Much like a green tomato, a tomatillo has a grassy, tangy flavor. It complements the sugar-sweet flavor of mangoes perfectly. Toss in a little fresh cilantro and you’ve got a Mexican-inspired winning smoothie. Try this recipe in the middle of winter to remind you of more tropical times.
- Yield: 2 Servings
- 2 each medium mango, peeled and pitted
- 2 each medium tomatillos, hulls removed
- ½ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 cup ice 2 cups or filtered water
- Fresh cilantro leaves, for garnish
- Place all of the ingredients, except the garnish in a high powered blender. Start on low, and then increase the speed to high. Blend until smooth. For Garnish
- Place a cilantro leaf on top of each glass, and then serve.
Serving Size 1
Nutritional Value Per Serving
Calories from Fat:
% Daily Value*
* Above mentioned %DVs (Percent Daily Values) are based on 2,000 calorie food intake.
DVs (Daily values) may be vary depending upon individuals daily calorie needs. Above nutritional values are estimates and should only be used as a guide for approximation. They are not allfoodchef.com recommendations. Calculations are based on average weight of 194 lbs. and ages of 19 to 50 years.