- Yield: 16 to 20 (¼-inch) thick cookies
Maple Almond Cookies
- 1 cup almonds
- 3 tablespoons almond butter
- ¼ cup sprouted buckwheat flour, or ½ cup sprouted buckwheat
- ¼ cup tocotrienols or grassfed whey powder
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean powder
- Pinch of cinnamon
- Pinch of fresh grated nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon camu camu powder
- 1 teaspoon ashwagandha extract powder (optional)
- 1 teaspoon moringa powder (optional)
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons raw butter or coconut butter
- ½ cup wild blueberries
- 3–4 tablespoons maple syrup
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 tablespoon maca powder
- 1 tablespoon lucuma powder
How to Make It
- Blend almonds into a flour in a high-power blender or a food processor.
- Add all Maple Almond Cookies ingredients to a food processor, and mix until combined into a wet dough.
- Roll into a ¼-inch-thick dough between two sheets of parchment paper on a cutting board using a straight-sided glass or a rolling pin to evenly compact the dough.
- Blend all Blueberry Frosting ingredients in a blender or food processor until mixed into a cream.
- Add extra lucuma if needed to emulsify.
- Spread Blueberry Frosting onto the Maple Almond Cookies, and chill for about 1 hour, until set.
- Cut into squares or other shapes. Store chilled.