- Yield: 8 to 10 Servings
Blueberry Ginger Sauce
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon chopped crystallized ginger or ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- 1½ cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- One 16- ounce loaf challah bread, cut into 2- inch cubes
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- Whipped cream, optional
How to Make It
- To prepare the sauce, combine the blueberries, sugar, ginger, and ¼ cup water in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat to a simmer, and cook for 3 to 5 minutes until the sauce thickens.
- To prepare the pudding, preheat the oven to 375°F. Lightly grease a 13 × 9- inch baking pan.
- Beat the sugar and eggs with a mixer at medium speed until fluffy. Add the whipping cream, milk, vanilla, and nutmeg; beat until blended. Fold in the bread cubes and blueberries. Pour into the baking pan. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes. Cool in the pan for 5 minutes. To serve, top with Blueberry Ginger Sauce and whipped cream, if desired.