- Yield: 4 Servings
- 1½ pounds young boar’s meat
- Chopped aromatic vegetables (onion, carrot, celery)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 cups red wine
- ¼ cup vinegar
- 2 cups peeled chopped tomatoes
- Olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
How to Make It
- Cut the boar’s meat into small pieces, and combine in a bowl with the wine, vinegar, the aromatic vegetables, garlic and bay leaves. Marinate overnight.
- In a pot, warm 4 tablespoons of olive oil. Remove the aromatic vegetables, garlic and bay leaves from the marinade and add to the pot. Cook until soft.
- Add the boar’s meat and cook until brown. Deglaze with ½ cup of the marinade, and cook until it reduces. Add the tomatoes, season with salt and pepper, and cook for about 2 hours, adding water if necessary.
- Pass the sauce through a food mill and serve over the boar’s meat.