- 1 pound lamb shoulder
- 1 pound rabbit shoulder
- 1 pound chicken or duck legs
- Chopped aromatic vegetables (onion, carrot and celery)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ cup vinegar
- Olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Stale crusty Italian bread
How to Make It
- Cut the meats into parts, and cook bring to a boil in salted water for about 15 minutes. Set aside to cool and discard the water. Shred the meat off the bone.
- In a deep skillet, warm ¼ cup of olive oil. Add the aromatic vegetables and cook until soft. Add the meat and brown for about 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, and deglaze with the vinegar.
- Cook until the vinegar evaporates. Add some sage and rosemary, and continue to cook, adding some stock throughout the cooking. The buglione should be thick. Serve with toasted Italian bread.