Soft, tender Mediterranean flatbread offers a delightful contrast to the crisp vegetables and crunchy pilaf in this hearty meatless recipe. Round out your meal with a sweet-tart Pomegranate Refresher.
- Yield: 6 Servings
- 1 (8.5-ounce) package 7-grain pilaf (such as Seeds of Change)
- 1 cup diced English cucumber
- 1 cup chopped seeded tomato (1 medium)
- ½ cup (2 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (7-ounce) container hummus (such as Athenos Original)
- 3 (2.8-ounce) Mediterranean-style white flatbreads (such as Toufayan)
How to Make It
- Combine first 8 ingredients in a bowl. Spread hummus evenly over each flatbread.
- Spoon pilaf mixture evenly over half of each flatbread; fold flatbread over filling. Cut each sandwich in half, and serve immediately.
Serving Size 1
Nutritional Value Per Serving
Calories from Fat:
% Daily Value*
* Above mentioned %DVs (Percent Daily Values) are based on 2,000 calorie food intake.
DVs (Daily values) may be vary depending upon individuals daily calorie needs. Above nutritional values are estimates and should only be used as a guide for approximation. They are not allfoodchef.com recommendations. Calculations are based on average weight of 194 lbs. and ages of 19 to 50 years.