Try this thirty minute lasagna that is a hodgepodge of beans, olives, corn, taco meat, salsa with generous amount of cumin and chili to come up with cheesy spicy hot lasagna.
- Yield: 4 Servings
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 pounds ground chicken breast
- 1 (15 ounces) can drained black beans
- ½ chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 cup medium heat taco sauce
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels
- Pinch of salt
- 8 pieces (8 inch) taco shells
- 2½ cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 finely chopped scallions
How to Make It
- Preheat the oven at 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Heat two tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil in a preheated skillet on medium high heat.
- Sauté chicken and stir frequently. Add chili powder, red onion and cumin.
- Cook the meat until browned for five minutes.
- Pour the taco sauce, black beans and corn kernels. Cook the mixture for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Season the mixture with pinch of salt according to your taste.
- Coat with 1 tablespoon of extra-virgin olive oil a shallow baking dish.
- Divide the taco shells in quarters or half and layer them on the baking dish.
- Layer the meat and beans, taco shells and cheese. Repeat this sequence once.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes until the cheese becomes bubbly and brown.
- Garnish with scallions. Enjoy!
Serving Size 1
Nutritional Value Per Serving
Calories from Fat:
% Daily Value*
* Above mentioned %DVs (Percent Daily Values) are based on 2,000 calorie food intake.
DVs (Daily values) may be vary depending upon individuals daily calorie needs. Above nutritional values are estimates and should only be used as a guide for approximation. They are not allfoodchef.com recommendations. Calculations are based on average weight of 194 lbs. and ages of 19 to 50 years.