- Yield: 2 to 3 Servings
- Preparation Time: 10 Minutes
- 11⁄3 cups cashews
- 1 tbsp dried seaweed (wakame, nori, or arame)
- ½ lime
- 1½ tbsp dark miso paste
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- ½ tsp cold-pressed sesame oil
How to Make It
- Soak the cashews overnight in cold water. Just before using them, drain the cashews. After a brief rinse, soak the seaweed in cold water (arame or nori for about 5 minutes, the wakame for about 10 minutes). Drain the seaweed just before using it. Juice the lime.
- Place all the ingredients, except for the seaweed, into a blender. Add 2 cups water, and purée until the mixture is thick and creamy. Transfer the mixture to a pan, and warm it gently over low heat until it reaches about 104°F (40°C). Add the seaweed, and stir. Serve warm.