This is one of the first family recipes that I learnt. It’s very simple and delicious, and can be made with any kind of fruit. When you do it, remember to scrape the inside of the eggshells with your index finger, like my grandmother used to do.
- Yield: 8 Servings
- Preparation Time: 20 Minutes
- 500 ml semi-skimmed or full fat milk
- 50 g butter
- 60 g plain flour
- 75 g caster sugar
- 3 medium eggs
For the garnish
- 15 g butter, for greasing
- 4 ipe
- 20 g icing sugar
How to Make It
- Bring the milk and butter to the boil. Put the flour and caster sugar in a bowl and pour the milk and butter mix slowly over the top, whisking all the time. Add the eggs, then pass it through a very fine sieve and skim it with a ladle.
- Grease the dish with butter.
- Peel, cut in half and core the pears. Slice them into 0.5–1 cm pieces and place them inside the clafoutis dish.
- Pour the clafoutis mix over the sliced pears and bake until set and golden brown on top. Cool in the dish at room temperature.
- Serve slightly warm or at room temperature, dusted with icing sugar.