- Yield: 4 Servings
- Preparation Time: 10 Minutes
- Cooking Time: 10 Minutes
- ¾ lb (375 g) fettuccini
- 2 Tbsp (30 ml) olive oil
- 2 (each about 8 oz/250 g) boneless, skinless, chicken breasts, thinly sliced
- 1 cup (250 ml) store-bought or homemade pesto
- 16 cherry tomatoes, halved
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- freshly grated Parmesan cheese and olive oil to taste
- small fresh basil leaves and toasted pine nuts for garnish (optional) Cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling,
How to Make It
- Cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling, salted water until just tender. While it is cooking, heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring, for 4 to 5 minutes, or until the chicken is just cooked. Stir in the pesto and cherry tomatoes and cook for 1 to 2 minutes more. Reduce the heat to medium-low.
- Drain the pasta, reserving ½ cup (125 ml) of the cooking liquid. Add the pasta and reserved liquid to the skillet. Season with salt and pepper. Place the pasta in individual serving bowls or on a large platter. Sprinkle with the Parmesan cheese and drizzle a little olive oil over top. If desired, garnish with basil leaves and toasted pine nuts.