- Yield: 4 Servings
- 3 tbsp red wine vinegar or fruit vinegar
- 3 cooked beets, grated
- 2 sharp eating apples
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 4 large handfuls mixed salad greens, to serve
- 4 tbsp pecans, to garnish
For the Dressing
- ¼ cup plain yogurt
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh dill
- salt and pepper
How to Make It
- Sprinkle vinegar over the beets, cover with plastic wrap, and chill for at least 4 hours.
- Core and slice the apples, place the slices in a dish, and sprinkle with the lemon juice to prevent discoloration.
- Combine the dressing ingredients in a small bowl. Remove the beets from the refrigerator and dress. Add the apples to the beets and mix gently to coat with the salad dressing.
- To serve, arrange a handful of salad greens on each plate and top with a large spoonful of the apple and beet mixture.
- Toast the pecans in a heavy, dry skillet over medium heat for 2 minutes, or until they begin to brown. Sprinkle them over the beets and apple to garnish.