- Yield: 3 Dozen
- 1 cup (245 g) unsweetened applesauce
- 1½ cups (345 g) packed brown sugar
- ¼ cup (60 ml) vegetable oil
- ¼ cup (60 ml) water
- 3 cups (240 g) certified gluten-free rolled oats
- 1 cup (125 g) Bob’s Red Mill white or brown rice flour
- ¼ teaspoon (1.5 g) salt
- 3 (1.4-ounce, or 40-g) Enjoy Life boom CHOCO boom dark chocolate or dairy-free rice milk bars, cut into 1-inch (2.5-cm) chunks
How to Make It
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C, or gas mark 5).
- In a saucepan, stir together the applesauce, brown sugar, oil, and water. Cook over medium heat until melted, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat. Add in oats, flours, and salt. Stir in chocolate chunks
- Drop batter by rounded tablespoons onto a baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until edges are firm. Cool on baking sheet for 2 minutes. Remove to a fl at surface to cool completely.