Larry Foley and Pat Moran are two of the most affable musicians you’ll ever meet. If you’ve followed the bands The Punters or The 8-Track Favourites, you’ll know what I mean. They would be the first to admit their cooking skills aren’t quite on par with their musical ones, but we had a grand time preparing this seafood recipe with them. We even coaxed a song out of the boys before the end of the show.
- Yield: 4 Servings
- 3 tsp (15 ml) butter
- 1 lb (454 g) scallops
- 1½ cup (375 ml) dry white wine
- 1 cup (250 ml) whipping cream
- pinch of saffron
- 3 sprigs tarragon, chopped
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- lemon wedges
- Sauté scallops on medium high in butter until slightly golden and remove from sauté pan.
- Add wine to pan and stir to scrape up any brown bits. Lower heat to medium. Add cream and saffron.
- Stir and slowly reduce to sauce consistency. Return scallops to pan with sauce and simmer on low heat for 3 minutes. Add freshly chopped tarragon and salt and pepper to taste.