This doesn’t take long to make on the stove top but has nothing to do with ‘instant’ oats. I’ve been known to cook oats in the microwave when in a hurry and although it has all the same goodness, it just doesn’t taste like it. I love a Lady Finger banana but make sure it’s really ripe (with black spots on the skin) and that drizzle of honey might not be needed but it does make a nice addition.
- Yield: 4 Servings
- 1 cup (90 g) organic rolled oats
- 3 tablespoons sultanas
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups (500 ml) milk (cow’s, nut or coconut)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon raw honey, plus extra to serve (optional)
- 2 Lady Finger bananas, sliced
- 3 tablespoons shaved macadamia nuts
- Place the oats, sultanas, chia seeds, cinnamon and milk in a medium saucepan. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until the porridge boils and thickens. Remove from the heat and stir in the coconut oil and honey.
- Divide among 4 bowls and top with sliced banana, shaved macadamias and a drizzle of extra honey, if desired.