- 1 large eggplant or 2–3 small Chinese egg plants
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1-2 cloves garlic
- pinch of cumin
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt to taste
How to Make It
- Preheat oven to 400°F (205°C).
- Slice eggplant in half lengthwise and brush with some olive oil. Place on foil lined sheet pan and bake for 45 minutes or until soft.
- Allow eggplant to cool, then scoop out insides of eggplant and combine in food processor with tahini, lemon juice, garlic and cumin, discarding the skins. Mix all until smooth.
- Slowly drizzle in olive oil through feed tube until well combined.
- If you have some smoked paprika or sumac at home, sprinkle a little bit of that over the mixture. Add salt to taste. Serve with some sliced veggies to dip in.