- 1 ½ pounds cardoons
- 2 lemons
- 5 tablespoons butter
- ¼ cup stock
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Grated parmigiano
How to Make It
- Trim the cardoons, eliminating the tough stems and outer leaves, and slice into long strips.
- In a large saucepan, mix 2 tablespoons of flour with a bit of water. Add about 8 cups of water, lemon juice and salt, and bring to a boil.
- Add the cardoons and cook for about 40 minutes.
- Drain, set aside to cool. Dredge in flour, and add to a skillet with melted butter and garlic. Cook for a couple of minutes, and add some stock. Season with salt and pepper and cook until the stock starts to reduce.
- Sprinkle with a generous amount of parmigiano, and serve immediately.